The G4 Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 transmissions are designed to provide powerful, smooth response The heavy-duty, self-contained commercial transaxles are integrated with a cooling fan and feature 1-3/8-inch axles for longer service life. You'll also enjoy best-in-class transmission fluid change intervals after a 100-hour break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time.
Deck Sizes: 155 cm
Mowing speeds up to 14.5 KPH and 2.02 hectares/hr. based on 155 cm cutting width.*
*Actual results may vary. Click Here for Details
B&S Vanguard ENGINE
- 810 cc (44.2 cu. in.) Vanguard, V-Twin, OHV engine
- Heavy-duty components enhance power and reliability
- Remote-mounted, centrifugal multi-stage air cleaner with advanced debris managements
- Extended maintenance intervals
- Three-year limited commercial engine manufacturer warranty (see dealer for details)
Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 Transmission
The G4 Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 transmissions are designed to provide powerful, smooth response The heavy-duty, self-contained commercial transaxles are integrated with a cooling fan and feature 1-3/8-inch axles for longer service life. You’ll also enjoy best-in-class transmission fluid change intervals after a 100-hour break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time.
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge
- Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality
- Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection
- Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength
- Spindle planes fabricated from double-layered, 10-gauge plus 10-gauge formed steel laminate that is 0.269 inch thick 7.6 percent thicker than ¼-inch steel
- Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion
QuikAjust® Drop Pin Height Adjustment
- Raise and lower the deck easily with foot pedal and drop pin for precision cutting heights between 1.0 and 5.0 inches.
- Commercial Use: 2-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor.
- Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor.
- Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability
- Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts
- Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance
- Only two Access-Eze™ lubrication points cut maintenance time up to 95%
- Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance
Ultimate Operator Station®
- QuikAjust Tilt™ steering levers with "no tools" adjustment provide a 9-inch range for maximum comfort and fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions.
- Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach
- One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
Shock Impact Reduction System™(SIRS™)
- Unrivaled comfort with iso-mounted Ultimate Suspension Ride™ scuff-resistant, Cordura®-covered, deep-cushioned, high-back seat with padded lumbar support and armrests
- Roomy, iso-mounted, shock-absorbing footrest
Vigilant Operator Presence System™
- Standard, low profile operator protection structure (ROPS) with an adjustable seatbelt
- Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse
- Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position
4X Rear Discharge Deck
Dedicated 48-, 52- or 61-, or 72-inch rear discharge decks throw clippings out back for a smooth cut and no windrowing.
Wide Seat Conversion Kit
Provides additional seating room for larger operators or to accommodate cell phones or pagers. Requires seat belt extension.
Extended Steering Levers
Provides an additional two inches of leg clearance.
DuraFlex® Suspension Forks
Optional DuraFlex™ Suspension Forks absorb the impacts of rough terrain to maintain a level cut, and can be set for use with PowerVac™ collectors.
The Foldable ROPS allows the two-post ROPS to be lowered for mowing under low-hanging trees and other overhead obstacles, or for storing and transporting in enclosed trailers with low door clearance. CAUTION: Avoid drop-offs, embankments and steep slopes. Do not allow ROPS to provide a false pretense of security in hazardous areas and avoid questionable conditions. Always wear seatbelt when Foldable ROPS is in up-right position. When Foldable ROPS is down, DO NOT use seat belt, and drive with extra caution.
Sunshade Canopy Vinyl
Lightweight, water repellent, UV-resistant vinyl canopy mounts easily to OPS or ROPS to limit exposure to direct sunlight, reducing eye strain and increasing operator comfort.
Sunshade Canopy Aluminum
Diamond-plated aluminum canopy is highly resistant to abrasions. Easily mounts to ROPS to increase operator comfort by limiting exposure to direct sunlight and reducing eye strain.
LED Work Lights
LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
Foot Pedal Extension Kit
Extends foot pedals to allow easy height control for shorter operators.
Yellow Beacon Light
Yellow beacon attaches to OPS to provide greater visibility in high-traffic areas.
Down Discharge™ Mulching Package
The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ medium-lift blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the grass bed, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
PowerVac® MidMount Collection System
- PowerVac™ Collection Systems deliver a clean sweep on every pass. Simply adjust your mowing speed to your conditions.
- Quik-D-Tatch® Vac drive can be removed in seconds without tools
Custom Cordura® Weather Cover
Weather-resistant, black Cordura fabric cover with embroidered Grasshopper logo keeps seat and engine area protected during storage or between mowings. Slips over ROPS, with Velcro closure to secure the opening.
The Edge-EZE™ lawn edger maintains clean, sharp turf edges along sidewalks, roadways and driveways, eliminating time-consuming secondary trimming and reducing edging time up to 75 percent compared to hand-held string trimmers and walk-behind wheeled edgers.
MidMount™ PowerVac™ Collection Systems
With a PowerVac™ Collection System for your Grasshopper zero-turn mower, you're getting the most powerful, maneuverable and efficient leaf-collecting, grass-catching and debris-removing equipment available for turf. You'll get a professional, finished look every time you mow.